Grizzly Gaming


Friday, May 21, 2010

Pantera's "Great Southern Trendkill" to hit Rock Band next week

Though I haven't picked up the sticks or dusted off my axe in quite a while, I used to be pretty big into rhythm games - specifically Rock Band and the Guitar Hero games made by Harmonix. (Probably the biggest reason why I haven't played in so long is because all my drums are smashed beyond repair and my guitar of choice, the Xplorer released with Guitar Hero 2 back in 2006, is getting pretty worn out.)

If I did still play, I'd probably seriously consider picking up all of next week's Rock Band release "The Great Southern Trendkill" by Pantera. I'm a huge metalhead (and pretty big metal snob as well, but that's neither here-nor-there) and Rock Band has released some pretty great metal tracks in the past - most notably Megadeth's "Rust in Peace" in its entirety and a 12-song Iron Maiden pack entitled "Flight 666" in honor of their latest tour documentary. Though they've released plenty of great metal for Rock Band, really good metal releases are few and far between overall.

The only reason I didn't say I'd buy this album outright is because, being the metal snob that I am, I'm not a huge Pantera fan. I'm a big fan of Dimebag Darrell but I would really only say I like "Cowboys From Hell" and maybe "Vulgar Display of Power." I almost said I prefer early Pantera, which would've been pretty funny considering Pantera was a glam-rock/hair metal band until the early 90s - but those are dark days we metalheads dare not speak of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

An avid gamer and long-time pro wrestling fan, stay tuned to Grizzly Gaming and the Delco Elbow Drop for game reviews and pro wrestling news.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]