Grizzly Gaming


Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rumored: New Silent Hill movie to be 3D

Among my friends who aren't gamers but saw the first Silent Hill movie, most came away thinking it was pretty dumb, hard to follow and just kinda weird. Being a fan of the series, the weirdness and the ambiguity of the events surrounding the sleepy/demonic town are part of the charm of Silent Hill. Don't get me wrong, it helped a lot to have prior knowledge of the series going into the film, but it was still very eerie and creepy and fairly violent too.

I just read today on Joystiq that while the next Silent Hill movie had been put on hold in August, it is now back on, allegedly. Silent Hill: Revelation 3D will follow the story of Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3. I've never been one to be too impressed with 3D movies these days, even though I've seen a bunch, so that won't really be a draw for me. As mentioned on Joystiq, I don't know why they skipped Silent Hill 2 and decided to do a film version of the third game, considering the second is one of the most highly regarded games of the series. I'll wait until I hear more about this rumored project before I pass judgment, though.

All I can say right now is this - as long as they never try and adapt Silent Hill 4: The Room, I'll be happy. That game was really awful and hardly a Silent Hill game. Remember how Super Mario 2 wasn't actually a Super Mario game at first, Nintendo just slapped Mario and Luigi into a different game but it ended up working anyway? Well The Room was like that except nothing about this different game was endearing or fun or had anything at all to do with Silent Hill except for the game taking place near Silent Hill. Or something like that - I'm gonna be honest, I blocked out most of my time playing that game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/03/rumor-new-silent-hill-movie-based-on-silent-hill-3-will-be-in/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

An avid gamer and long-time pro wrestling fan, stay tuned to Grizzly Gaming and the Delco Elbow Drop for game reviews and pro wrestling news.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]