Grizzly Gaming


Friday, January 21, 2011

'Boot to disc' option back for Xbox 360

A few months ago I realized something. I didn't know how long it had been going on, but once I came to the realization, there was nothing to stop me from noticing. I tried fixing the situation, but my attempts were futile. Nothing I did helped the situation and I eventually gave up trying.


I'm, of course, talking about the random disabling of the 'boot to disc' option on the Xbox 360. I had always had that option enabled - call me crazy but when I put a disc in the tray of my console, I expect the disc to start running. At some point in time, that feature ceased working. I feel like it was something I absentmindedly notice but decided wasn't a big deal at the time, like, "Hey...I just put this game in...why am I at the dashboard and not the main menu? Oh well." After checking my settings and seeing that I still did have the 'boot to disc' option enabled, I basically just called the whole situation a loss and decided not to worry about it.


Apparently, the Dashboard update from back in November disabled that particular option and was only re-enabled with the most recent console update. Don't know why it was ever disabled in the first place, but man am I glad it's back. Do you know how much time I've wasted having to scroll to the "Play Game" button on the Dashboard and pressing it? Literally 10s of seconds that I'll never get back. Thanks, Microsoft.


Be sure to check out the other recent updates here at Grizzly Gaming - a review of Red Dead Redemption's "Undead Nightmare" and the latest trailer for "Duke Nukem Forever," complete with release date!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

An avid gamer and long-time pro wrestling fan, stay tuned to Grizzly Gaming and the Delco Elbow Drop for game reviews and pro wrestling news.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]