Grizzly Gaming


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

E3 impressions: Underwhelmed to say the least

So I'm not at E3 and didn't get a free, new slim Xbox 360 but outside of that...not seeing much exciting stuff coming out of E3 so far. Here's a short run-down of my thoughts on the info I've gleaned from the internets so far:

-First off, Ubisoft would be better off using their time and money to maybe make actual video games instead of Battle Tag (read: laser tag using your powerful gaming console to keep score) and whatever the heck Innergy is. I'm honestly glad I didn't watch their press conference because not even Joel McHale (yes, he was there for some reason) is funny enough to make jokes out of this stuff - because they already are jokes. Ok, enough pretentious, italicized words - Ubisoft, your time would be much better spent on "Ghost Recon: Future Soldier" and the new "Assassin's Creed" game rather than jumping on the casual gaming bandwagon.

-EA's MMA game doesn't look that good and makes me kinda wanna play UFC Undisputed 2010 for some reason. I'd love to play as Fedor or see how they handled Bob Sapp gassing a minute into each fight but I'm not about to spend money to do it.

-Actually, I'm kinda glad I didn't get one of those new slim 360s - apparently they are making those circular scratches on game discs that 360s have been known to do.

-Kinect is great if you're an adult with children who doesn't already own an Xbox 360. Otherwise it looks pretty lame (I liked it better when it was called EyeToy - zing! That joke would probably work better if I liked or ever used the EyeToy).

-They still make "Driver" games?

-I've never watched a even a little bit of any of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies but the "Armada of the Damned" game could be pretty cool if it's done right. Not really sure what kind of game it is (and they obviously didn't show any gameplay) but if "Armada of the Damned" is it's own game and not just a movie tie-in, it could be pretty promising.

-Bungie showed off a new "Halo: Reach" trailer that showed a bit of campaign play but the most notable part of the video was space battles. Imagine Banshee dogfights only this time they're in space.

There's still time for some truly jaw-dropping announcements but so far, E3 has seemed kinda "meh."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can see myself buying a Kinect but I talk a lot of shirt. I would rather buy an xbox live vision camera. bet there mad cheap too.

I just hate how E3 is so corporate having all these suits talk about sales and what not. It's a video game event it should be a freak show.

June 15, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

An avid gamer and long-time pro wrestling fan, stay tuned to Grizzly Gaming and the Delco Elbow Drop for game reviews and pro wrestling news.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]