Grizzly Gaming


Friday, November 5, 2010

Call of Duty: Black Ops commercial is actually pretty cool

I'm not a huge fan of Call of Duty. I only played CoD 2 and 3 very sparingly on the 360 and though I spent a ton of time playing CoD4: Modern Warfare, my time with Modern Warfare 2 nearly turned me off to the series forever. Where CoD4 was somewhat tactical (if still a little fast-paced and wacky to truly be tactical), MW2 was an unapologetic twitch-fest (meaning being faster than your opponent is better than being the best shot) where you could sprint, dive-bomb off rooftops and stab three enemies before they even knew what happened or snipe people on the other side of the map with dual-wielded shotguns.

I'll be honest, I'm not even planning on playing Black Ops. Maybe in the future when the price drops a little I'll give it a shot - especially since I hear Treyarch is toning down a lot of the features that made MW2 so ridiculous. It's funny, I used to immediately write off a CoD game if it was being developed by Treyarch and now I'm anticipating the same studio to make a superior product - how times have changed.

What drove me to make this post was a really creative commerical for Black Ops I just saw over at Destructoid. The commercial, titled "There's a soldier in all of us," features all manner of people dressed in different work attires and uniforms running around an area, reminiscent of a CoD map, firing assault rifles, shotguns and rocket launchers. A few celebrities even make appearances.

Hit the link to check out the video: http://www.destructoid.com/everyone-is-a-soldier-in-call-of-duty-black-ops

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

An avid gamer and long-time pro wrestling fan, stay tuned to Grizzly Gaming and the Delco Elbow Drop for game reviews and pro wrestling news.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]